Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ch, Ch, Changes...

I can't believe it has been so long since my last post, and I apologize to those who visit me thru Hip Homeschool Moms! I promise to post more often!! :-)

We've been going through a lot of changes in our household in the past few months. First, my DH has retired from his active duty military career after 20+ years of service. This has been both wonderful and bittersweet for us. Where has the time has gone? As we viewed pictures for his retirement ceremony, we recalled friends and events from assignments past that don't seem so long ago. Of course, time does have a way of speeding by (*sigh*), and this makes me think of the little one sitting beside me as I type.  Like most Mom's, it would be nice to "freeze" moments in time, but spending more time with our children is one of the blessings of home schooling!

This leads me to the next change in our lives -- moving! I've spent much of my spare time the past few weeks cleaning, organizing and packing in preparation for putting our current home on the market and moving back to our home state of Tennessee. This also means moving to a new set of home school requirements. I had a lot of questions answered by attending the local homeschool group's Family Resource Fair this past week, and speaking with some of the group leaders. I am so grateful that home school Mom's are so willing to help one another!

I am currently learning about "umbrella schools" -- a new concept for me.  I am used to annual testing using a nationally standardized test, and turning in the result to our local school superintendent.  Most requirements are similar between the two school systems, but I'm still "learning the ropes" and finalizing my curriculum for 2011-12.

I hope everyone is looking forward to a festive 4th of July with their families!

Take care,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment